Private Rehoming Form
Your application to re-home your dog
We do not have any spare foster carers so you will be required to keep your dog with you until a suitable home can be found. With so many dogs needing new homes at the moment, this may take many months, even for healthy young dogs. If you are not able to keep your dog with you, please be aware that you may have to surrender your dog to an animal shelter.
If your dog was obtained from a registered breeder, please contact the breeder in the first instance for assistance. Some breeders may be able to take the dog back, and a reputable breeder will at very least be willing to assist you in finding a suitable new home.Please note the following requirements:
- You must be the legal owner of the dog in order to apply for rehoming.
- Your dog will need to be desexed, vaccinated, microchipped and flea & worm treated prior to rehoming.
We can help with reduced cost veterinary work through our partner vets if required.
- You will be required to have your dog temperament tested by our trainer in Melbourne
- You must provide full disclosure of the temperament and health of your dog via this form.
PLEASE NOTE: Before you start filling in this form, you will need to have the following information:
- Dates of desexing, most recent vaccination & worming
- Council registration renewal and registration number.
You will also need to email the following to us at firstname.lastname@example.org once you have submitted the form:
- Copy of desexing certificate which includes microchip number and vet’s signature
- Current vaccination certificate or card
- Clear photos of your dog
- Copy of council registration
PLEASE FILL IN ALL THE REQUIRED FIELDS OR THE FORM WILL NOT SUBMIT