Without foster carers our rescue would not exist. Our foster carers are the reason we are able to save so many dogs from bouncing from home to home, and those facing euthanasia at pounds across the state.
As we don’t have the luxury of an animal shelter, all dogs that are surrendered to us must be fostered into homes where they can receive the love, care and training they need before they can find their forever home.
Fostering makes a real difference.
- live around or just outside the Melbourne metropolitan area
- have owned an arctic breed dog before, are passionate and knowledgeable about Arctic breeds and want to do more
- can offer a stable, calm home environment
- have a reasonable sized, secure yard with fences at least 6 foot high, natural grass areas (that you don’t mind being dug up!), adequate shade and shelter
- have plenty of time to spend training, grooming and nurturing your foster dog
- are able to bring a foster dog along to events and meetings with prospective new owners
then you might be our ideal foster carer!
If you have everything our foster dogs need, then please submit our online foster application form.
To find out more about our foster process, check out how fostering works
Meet the Dogs
We’re so glad you’re here! Giving a dog a second chance and finding it a forever family is exciting, and we can’t wait to share this journey with you.
How it works
There’s no ‘one dog fits all’ here, which is why our team take a lot of care in finding the right foster for each of our dogs.