MALAMUTE x HUSKY
Breed: Husky x Malamute
Age: 3 year old
Special Needs: No
Only Dog: No
House Trained: Yes
Health: Vaccinated; wormed; desexed
Indigo will need:
- Any children to be in their teens
- No cats, pocket pets or other animals
- A home as an only dog, or she may be okay with a tolerant male dog of similar size
- Daily walks, always on lead
- A reasonable yard area with garden areas and an undercover area for shelter
- Fences and gates will need to be at least 6 foot high, secure and dig-proof
- Homes with arctic breed experience, preferably with Malamutes or Huskies, will be given priority
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU MEET ALL INDIGO’S REQUIREMENTS
Spunky little Indigo is looking for a new home that embraces her Mally-Huskiness and all the fluff that goes with it.
An active girl, Indigo is happy to chill as long as she gets her daily walk and plenty of play time. She tends to get distracted by all the wonderful things the world has to explore and has a very strong instinct to chase, so she will need a family committed to working on her leash manners and keeping her under effective control at all times.
Indigo is a social butterfly and loves other people and dogs, but she enjoys the typical Arctic breed bitey-face play style, so must be appropriately matched with any canine playmates. She does not like other dogs in her face, so social doggy introductions need to be done with care – off-lead dog parks are not the place for Indigo.
Indigo hasn’t had much experience around little people and she can jump up and play rough, so any new home will be best suited to older children. Being quite agile and a jumper, she will need the standard 6 foot high dig-proof fencing and access to inside the house when the family is at home.
Think Indigo is the girl for you? Complete our adoption application and we’ll see if we can set you up!
Indigo is not available for interstate adoption and is not suitable for apartments, homes with very small outdoor spaces or rural areas.
Adoption Fee: $450