HUSKY x MALAMUTE x SHAR PEI
Breed: Husky x Malamute x Shar Pei x Boxer
Age: Born February 2023
Health: Vaccinated; wormed; vet-checked
Charlie will need to be fostered until he is old enough to be desexed, at which time he can be officially adopted by his foster carer.
Our puppies have the following requirements:
- Any children to be at least school aged
- No cats, pocket pets or other animals
- A reasonable yard area with garden areas and an undercover area for shelter
- Fences and gates will need to be at least 6 foot high, secure and dig-proof
- Homes with arctic breed experience, preferably with Malamutes or Huskies, will be given priority
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU MEET OUR REQUIREMENTS – ONLY SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
Charlie is a cheeky young fellow who is looking for the perfect home.
The DNA test results show that he and his siblings are roughly 60% Husky with the other 40% made up fairly equally of Malamute, Boxer & Shar Pei, so they are an interesting mix!
As it is generally recommended to delay desexing until 12-18 months of age, Charlie will have to be cared for on a foster basis until desexed, at which time the foster carers can officially adopt him.
Being a mischievous youngster, his new family will need to ensure he gets the appropriate care, training, socialisation and introduction to new experiences that is required to make a well-adjusted, good-mannered, friendly adult dog. For this reason, we can only consider homes around the Melbourne area, preferably close enough to Ringwood to continue his training and socialisation classes at Eastern Companion Dog Training.
Charlie loves to dig and eat anything he can lay his paws on, so he will not be suitable for a home where a neat and tidy garden is valued! He is already quite agile and a good jumper, so the requirement for dig-proof fencing at least 6 foot high is non-negotiable. He is toilet trained and is happy to chill out in the yard and do his own thing. Of course he also loves to be inside with his family, but inside time must be under supervision only as he will get into trouble and chew on things he shouldn’t.
Under the foster agreement, Arctic Rescue Victoria will be covering all standard costs until the time of adoption, including provision of food, worming treatments, vaccinations, desexing and any other costs associated with raising a puppy to adulthood.
If you meet all our requirements and are able to provide a forever home for Charlie, please submit our adoption application form.
Charlie is not available for interstate adoption and is not suitable for apartments, homes with very small outdoor spaces or rural areas. Only arctic-breed experienced, forever homes will be considered.
Adoption fee: $750
Microchip number: 956000014681843
To sponsor the puppies, please go to our Donate page.